lunes, 13 de agosto de 2018

For Emma

13/08/18

From the beginning everything was askew
Malnourished and left for death
That’s how I started living
Some hands came in to rescue me from the garbage bin


I was alone and frightened
As a puppy that knows he has lost his home
And it’s about to die in the freezing night
To never return


A derelict that spoke in technicisms
A boy that spoke in science
Maybe this was the way of departing from them all
Inventing a new world inside my head


And those scars
I won them through the ages
Reflections from the actual wounds
Damage inflicted in my brain


Through centuries we grew together
We bought happy boxes with happy candies
Shared infinite afternoons together
Until those ages fell apart


And I returned everything to you
My breath
My hands
And my soul


Then I lost you
My sweetest friend
On my arms you fell
And I knew you were fleeing to the skies


Your eyes told me it was over
The time you shared with me was over
You missed him
My homonymous in Heaven



Julio Ortiz

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario